View Single Post
Old 09-06-2023, 08:15 PM   #3
elgyqc

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickanator8 View Post
... Am I setting myself up for a lot of headaches and an empty wallet or is there some logic to this train of thought?
Totally logical in my opinion. I've bought 3 Boxsters. Never had a PPI done.
The first one, a 2000 base, I had a 10 minute road test and bought it for $6500 CAN. I have put a lot of time into it plus about $3000 in parts and another $1000 in maintenance. I now runs great and is a joy to drive.
The second one, another 2000 base, supposedly had an overheating problem and had been sitting for 2 years. It wasn't licensed so I could not even drive it. I got it running and bought it for $5000, put a lot of time and about $1300 in parts into it and sold it to a friend for a slight profit (I calculated my labor as a learning experience).
The third one, a 2000 S, was a roller with a seized engine, but the seller told me that "it didn't need anything (other than the engine)". Ya, right. I paid $6000, (put a lot of time and) about $1800 for repairs and maintenance on the car and $5400 for a used engine and necessary maintenance on the engine. A little over $13000 all in, which is a bit more than I had planned on. But it is an S with the SportDesign package interior, which includes Sports seats.
None of these cars had any documentation with them. I think I was a bit lucky but Boxsters are tough little cars as long as they get a minimum of attention.
I have a lot of respect for 78F350's opinions, he may be from Oklahoma, but as far as Boxsters are concerned I think that I'm more of a cowboy than he is
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)

Last edited by elgyqc; 09-06-2023 at 08:19 PM. Reason: added info
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote