View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 05:55 PM   #10
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Point of information - Hitler was not killed. Faced with immanent capture by the Russians, Hitler killed himself with Cyanide and a simultaneous Bullet to the Brain on April 30, 1945 (Germany surrendered to the Allies on May 7, 1945).

War is an awful thing, nothing to be heralded or celebrated, no matter how Good the cause is seen. The perspective of Citizens, Poiliticians, and Military Strategists, differs vastly from those actually manning the Front. The former fight for Ideals, while the latter usually fight for the sake of their fellow combatants, their Brothers in Arms, as it were.

Historians are starting to agree that all conflicts in the 20th Century are really only an extension of World War I (or more appropriately a failure of the Peace of World War I).

The Map of the World today was plotted by the British, including the Middle East, when the Austro-Hungarian and Ottoman Empires were broken up after WWI. Most cultural and religious differences were ignored when these new lines were drawn on the map. But, these very real issues could not be erased and continue to try and assert themselves to this day.

I salute all fellow veterans, not for preserving or winning anything, but for simply going out of a loyalty to their fellow citizens and nation. My only hope is that some day, there will be no more Veterans to salute at all, that we find a better way to all share this Rock...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
I do know that Hitler was reputed to have commited suicide. I do think it was only because he was about to have his brains bombed into the infinite.

Which would have been fine too.

My dad was WW2 vet. Most admirable thing he ever did!

God bless Dad, wherever you are!

And thanks to ALL veterans on this special day,.

Last edited by Brucelee; 11-11-2006 at 06:33 PM.
Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote