View Single Post
Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
teacher

Thanks, Randall

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Making both fog lamps work is a hack for sure. That's why the dealer won't do it for you.

Basically, you need to remove the lamp assembly for the one that does work and solder a wire to it and run it under the carpet to the other side and solder it to the lamp housing, which is there, but there may or may not be a bulb in the socket. Then they'll both come on.

Of course, I have only used them twice in three years and it may not be worth your energy. The best use of them is to turn them on and off quickly when someone is tailgating you and you have cruise control working. This way, you can send a brake light message to them without actually tapping on the brakes.

Now if you should try this is many places in south Texas where I live, you better have a handgun in the car with you because road rage is common here. Someone's bound to get pissed off that the Porsche in front of them is putzing along the freeway.
I will have to check that out, if I have the energy to do it =) It just seems kind of cheesy to have the one fog lamp on and the other one off...but anyway, I got the car back today and it runs like brand new...hopefully no other oil leaks for awhile
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote