View Single Post
Old 07-26-2023, 04:28 AM   #11
husker boxster

Have you done a flush or was one required after a period of time since you got the trans back in? The trans in my CSS went to AZ for what started as a 2nd gear rebuild but escalated to a toss onto the trash heap and replaced with a reman unit. I was required to flush the trans after 1500 mi, which I did. The guy in AZ who did the work recommended Amsoil, which I used initially and with the 1500 mi flush. I noticed notchy shifting during cold weather but it improved during the warmer weather. BTW, I'd just replaced the front motor mount a yr earlier, so that wasn't an issue. I will prob go to Mobil 1 for my next flush.

I mention all this because you may want to do a flush with your new gear. The AZ guy said it was important to flush your transaxle often, esp if you do track days. His recommendation was every 10K mi if you do track days. I may go every 2 yrs, but plan to change it more often than I used to (once at 50K mi). I just changed the fluid in my LE at 84K mi and will do it more often, maybe every 3 yrs, since she's a warm weather car only and never sees track use.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote