View Single Post
Old 07-24-2023, 03:02 PM   #3
Lowski

I believe that hose runs from the rear bumper up to the valve housing in the right front wheel well. See my prior post for info about the ORVR/EVAP system for pictures and a system diagram. I think it is hose “E” in the pictures. The system info I have access to doesn’t describe that hose end point very well. It just says “Scavenging pipe to the rear”.

Coke Bottle Noise / Fuel Filler Howling Noise

From my research, that hose at the rear bumper is to remain open to atmosphere at all times. It is the source of fresh air to let vapors from the canister be sucked to the intake when the valve on the intake is open. The fact that you saw smoke come out of it shows it’s connected from the intake, through the canister and the valve body. To verify you could disconnect the line at the wheel well end, apply smoke or compressed air there and see if it comes out at the bumper.

I’m having a hard time explaining how capping it made your P0455 issue go away and why you haven’t developed the coke bottle noise through the vent hose at “D”. I don’t have a good understanding what triggers P0455.

Lowski is offline   Reply With Quote