View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 04:36 PM   #12
teacher

Smile In response to your great web page

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
Nothing's really hard to change on this car, but the cost of parts and labor if others are doing the changing out can be expensive.

Find yourself a very good independent mechanic from someone in your local PCA. And if you are not a member, become one ASAP. It's worth the $35 a year to join with the magazine, local events with free food and beer, etc. You'll also make friends who know where to get parts, who to take the car to when it's dying on you without explanation, etc.

My links below may also be helpful to you. Enjoy the car, and welcome to the Porsche family and this forum. I hope you find both to be a wonderful experience!
hi,
I'm not necessarily quoting, but Randall, thanks for all of the advice, I even kept your page as a favorite. So my question is, you talked about the front and rear fog lamps, and I was at the dealership today (got a killer deal, the rep made a mistake and called me just now to tell me he quoted the price on a minor service instead of a major service, so I saved bucks =) and was told about the rear fog lamps. I was always wondering why only the left side lit up and he told me the same thing you said, but you also talked about how both lights could be connected so they both light up. I asked the service guy and he told me that he couldn't modify it (shaking his head "No, we can't do it"), so I was thinking: how can I have it done or do it myself? Any info? Thanks!
teacher is offline   Reply With Quote