View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 02:09 PM   #2
98Boxster98

Cool. I, too, recently detailed using the Prime polish and then I used the Acrylic Jett to seal. I used these products because many people on the detailing boards, recommended Werkstatt as an easier alternative to Klasse. I have no experience with Klasse but I can say that Prime was pretty easy to use with the PC. I have only used the Werkstatt products so far on my black SUV and I can say that it looks much better than when I used NXT. Then again, I hadn't used the PC in the past. I used the FK425 on your advice, Perfectlap. I have to admit I was a skeptic but now I'm a believer. When I cut the grass, I usually have to put the SUV in the driveway and it usually gets covered in dust and grass. However, the last time I cut grass, there was hardly any dust on the SUV. Most of what little was on there, blew off the car when I went out later. The SUV has stayed cleaner since the last washing. I really like FK425 on the glass. I'll have to try it on the interior. I'm also more of a believer in detailing clay. I used it for the first time in the spring but I couldn't really tell any difference. I read somewhere (either Autopia or Detail City) that using clay is actually a fine abrasive/polish, rather than just a sticky material to lift gunk. Once, I treated the clay as a polishing method and took my time using it, I got much better results. I've gotten a few comments on my SUV even though I don't think I'm done trying to get out some scratches and bird bomb damage. A little more practice and I'll be ready to tackle detailing the Boxster.

Last edited by 98Boxster98; 11-10-2006 at 02:17 PM. Reason: typo
98Boxster98 is offline   Reply With Quote