View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #1
Perfectlap

Winter Prep Detailing Pics

Some pics of my winter prep. I ditched the Klasse this time and on strong recommendations I tried the Werkstatt Prime Polish. Prime comes in several flavors Strong, Arcylic and Carnauba enhanced. My Arctic Silver paint is 6 years old now and parked outside all the time so I went with the Strong. I did this by hand because I was too lazy to find the extension cord for the PC orbital. But even by hand its the best result I have ever seen on this color paint. I was surprised because my paint is always pretty clean and reflective so I thought it would only be marginally better but this notched it up 300% I got a better shine with this polish alone than I have with most carnaubas and gloss sprays.

For sealing I usually use Poorboys EXP which is much much easier to use than Klasse's sealant. Werkstatt's Acrylic Jett Trigger is a popular alternative to Klasse SG as well. Basically I see no reason to use Klasse at all now. Sorry.
Acrylic Jett comes in different flavors as well on a pro detailers advice I tried
an equal parts mixture of Carnauba Jett and Optimum Car Wax Spray. The OCW helps to spread the Caranuba and gives it a more even finish. I decided to spray the Carnauba Jett directly onto the panel and then OCW over that. Let it sit for a few minutes and buffed it out.

As always I use FK 425 as my LSP (last step product) to restore the anti-static barrier which cuts down on cleaning. It also preserves all this work very well. The finish leave the paint feeling dewey slick. works well on the interior, wheels and glass.

These pics were not enhanced and the photos were taken under full sun, no cheating with the dusk sky tone reflection.

some old pics

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 11-10-2006 at 01:47 PM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote