View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 07:40 AM   #8
seningen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenD View Post
I own a 1999 Boxster(stock power) that I use for PCA DE events. I pretty much only run at Mosport. I started with EBC yellow brake pads but destroyed them in 1 weekend. Then I went to Dynamic Friction Track pads and they were done after a weekend as well plus they weren't great(get what you pay for).
So then I went and got a set of Hawk DTC-60 pads, which were ok, but even with those the pedal would get a bit long after 3 or 4 laps and they have maybe 1 day left on them after 1 DE weekend. I have tried both Motul RBF660 and 600 fluid. I have Goodridge steel braided lines. GT3 brake ducts. Tires are Hankook RS4 on 17" twists. New Zimmerman rotors.
I do run the car VERY hard. I am in black run group and have startled more than a few much faster cars under braking and into corners.
The other issue is cost. Am I just fighting a losing battle trying to get a good brake pad that will last a few weekends for a decent price? I'd love to upgrade to "S" brakes but it's a cost and availability issue up here.
And yes I do understand that it's a Porsche and it's expensive and if I can't afford it I should sell it and so on and so on.

Just thought I'd ask if somebody has any recommendations other than slowing down or winning the lottery before I pack it in and take up crochet.
You don't need S brakes -- the stock ones are plenty good.
We endurance race a 99 Boxster (and I also race SPB).

We run PAGID RSL1 or RSL 29s -- We can run at least all weekend on a set of pads -- that usually in excess of 20 hours of track time.

I would see if you had a sticking caliper, it could be they are rubbing and either chewing through the pads -- or overheating and disintegrating them.
seningen is offline   Reply With Quote