View Single Post
Old 05-03-2023, 06:59 AM   #1
redpepperracing

Option code 740?

Hello all,

When I first got my 2000 (well, even before) I tried to decode the options and had no luck. There were only two, C36 and 740, and no sites that I checked listed either code. I guess I went to the wrong sites, because today for some reason I checked again using the decode at kindel dot com I found that C36 is 'Canadian type car' and 740 is 'Exhibition vehicle', which seems to be rare, as I have not seen anybody else post that option code for a Boxster. It does seem to align with the ownership history, as I believe there were 8 dealers listed in the first year of it's life. Other instances I have found of 740 are a small number of 968's and some 997's (although it was called 'Show finish' on those). I assume it was some sort of press car, which again as I understand would have been highly optioned, but mine is the opposite, it has literally no options other than the two I listed, it is extremely bare bones. It also seems that they should not have ever been sold to the public, so can I assume this is a 'rare' car? Has anyone else encountered this?
redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote