View Single Post
Old 11-10-2006, 05:47 AM   #13
super66

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomk17
I just got a new 06' 987 in Seal Grey and the clear markers would definitly look better. I'm pretty technical and can certainly handle the change-out but what's involved? Looks like you need to remove the wheel well liner to get behind the light to release the lens. Is this a hassle or am I mistaken and everything can be done from the outside? A quick overview of the process would help from one of you guys who has done this.
it is a little tricky but really easy to do.....okay you don't have to remove the well at all....there are instructions in the manual that tell you how to pop them out.....essentially you take a small flat head screw driver, inside the wheel well there is a little hole that the screw driver goes in.....you have to find the clip and pop it out with a little pressure.....it takes a lot less pressure than you would think, lining up with the clip is the bigger challenge.....I would do it this way, don't just yank them out, I think Mach Scnell just yanked them and had some problems afterward......really easy to do but to take pictures, the wife would have had to be woken up at 1:30 in the morning when I got off my lazy butt to do it.......

by the way, the manual says hold the screw driver perpendicular or 90 degree angle or something like that??? I found the clips but the screw driver was closer to flat against the wheel well

super 66
expert mechanic

Last edited by super66; 11-10-2006 at 06:03 AM.
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote