View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 07:13 AM   #160
PLP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBauer View Post

10% based on what performance? 🤷
Blinker is very dim almost, dangerously dim.

I had a pair. I spent nearly $800 then and while I was trying to justify the blinker's lack of intensity, I could not live with water finding its way into the light.
The right one was leaking. After washing the car, or any rain, would result in anywhere from mist to several ml of water collected on the bottom of the passenger side taillight.

The brake light was great.
The parking light - a bit too intense with comparison to the brake, but still ok-ish.
Blinker - as I said, way too dim. You could "kinda" see it at night with the brake on, while on a sunny day - almost impossible to see.

I was thinking of maybe swapping OEM 718 internals - there are cheap ones on eBay, damaged (cracked lens or broken tabs). All LED functional. So taking the blinker out and swapping to this assembly could be the way to go, but in the end that would be way over $1000 taillight project (about 200 per side plus 800 plus my time)...

So I am back to what I had.

Previous: 2014 Fiat 500e, 2016 KIA Forte5 SX, 2016 Fiat 500X, and some old days: Trabant, Fiat 126p...
PLP is offline   Reply With Quote