View Single Post
Old 04-12-2023, 02:48 AM   #14
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvolari View Post
Hey, I just watched the first 2 videos of your 987 airbox series and I found it very helpful and interesting. Sorry for the previous comment above; I was thinking of a different person's videos. I'll watch the rest when I can but for now I wonder if you know the part number of the airbox you used?
Also, how much was the ECU flash? And was it difficult to find a dealer to do it?

Well, I have searched and not found any kind of in-depth informative thread about air intake mods which is mostly what I was asking about. I also left the door open for any engine out mod that might be beneficial. Apparently there's not much to be gained, but you're the first person so far to even tell me that! I would even go so far as to ask for any mod that's worthwhile while the engine is out, not just for more power but for longevity, reliability, better cooling, etc. Because I'm just guessing here but I'd say there's about a 90% chance once I get this engine back together and spinning, I'll come across a bunch of things I should have done while the engine is out. Plenty of people have had their engines out, it's probably the most often removed engine in the entire Porsche kingdom, so I figured there would be plenty of info and responses about this subject.

Anyway, I do appreciate the comments; well, most of them. And even starter can post what he wants but I'll respond as it's about time someone did! That guy has been living a charmed life on here, ha ha. But I have to say, he has me going back and forth between anger and humor and for that, I compliment him! Well done, sir!

And, thanks, Ike for bringing it all together and thanks to Newart for working on 986's in Canada's winter while making videos of it all!
Lol. Those that know me know I can be sharp before 5A,. However, most is in jest... sarcasm, and only because we have a great bunch of people here. I'll offer up assistance when it's about something for which I'm familiar... and only because I learned about my car from this forum (and other light reading).

Did your chef find a mechanic for you?