View Single Post
Old 11-09-2006, 06:29 PM   #17
webster132

Thanks for reassurance on the lint approach and for the kind comments about the new vehicle. I got it in Pearl Yellow, so it's definitely a lot more flashy than my Silver Boxster S. But it needs an exterior like that to match the completely ridiculously loud exhaust at over 4000 rpm .

The two biggest differences is the luxury interior (super nice leather everywhere) and the insane acceleration power. Especially sprints like 60-100 are ungodly fast. I actually find the Boxster fun enough at 0-40, but when rolling along above 50, it does show that it has 280 hp (and not 520).

The lambo also feels a lot bigger, even though it actually isn't THAT much larger than the Boxster. Visibility remains surprisingly good, but I must admit that if I didn't have the parking camera, I'd be completely screwed on parking.

AWD really makes a huge difference too. The lambo can apply insane amounts of power on a straight turn and only skid a little. With the Boxster, you're bound to skid if you take a straight turn and apply any kind of power. I happen to consider that a feature most of the time, though

Also, I got it with the e.gear option. I have a 6speed in the Boxster, which I love, but the lambo is simply too fast. 1st gear is gone in a blink of an eye (they lowered it 27% with the 06 model too!). And nothing beats coming up to a turn in 3rd, making a perfectly blipped downshift to 1st while applying the break, and then flying out the corner like a bullet. Sure, it's POSSIBLE to do that in a manual, but I don't have the skill to do that perfectly every time on a manual. Or even every other time.

It most CERTAINLY come with a pussy magnet . I knew it was going to attract attention, but it's really outrageous how much it does. I've had more thumbs up, wild stares, and horns thrown at me in the few days I've been driving the lambo than for my 6 months of Porsche ownership. It's basically a weird exception when you find another car with a driver that ISN'T ogling it . Whether you consider that a bug or a feature is probably up to you.

One incident I did like though was while parked, two chicks in a car go by, then slam the brakes when they spot the car, the one girl rolls down the window and screams (really!). That was pretty wild . Never experienced that before.

Despite being a big exotic with 520 horsepower and 0-60 in 4 seconds, it's incredibly livable, though! It has a lift system to raise it 2" from the ground to get over speed bumps and in-and-out of gas stations with no scrapings. I wish even my Boxster had that.

And the AWD makes it incredibly stable and trustworthy in its application of power. You really have to punish it to make those wheel skid (but boy is it fun when it does ).

It also operates in stealth mode below 3500 rpm, which is particularly useful when driving next to coppers . The engine is quite as a whisper, which makes the roar it exhausts after 4000 rpm all the more shocking and spectacular.

All in all it's an extremely pleasing automobile. Before making the choice, I also test drove the F430, but the Gallardo just seemed more of a coherent package. Better looks, more livable, and just as fast. I'd love to own a Ferrari some day as well, but I'd rather have a Lambo first.

I'll get some good pictures posted shortly.

Also, now that Porsche is stepping up its involvement in VW and might even make a bid to get full control of Audi, it feels like I'm staying in the family . I got a Audi S4 as the daily driver, the Boxster S for top-down and drifting fun, and the Lambo for outrageousness.
webster132 is offline   Reply With Quote