View Single Post
Old 04-09-2023, 02:49 AM   #7
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuvolari View Post
Not sure it's worth the trouble because no one has ever posted a thread about it. What's up with Boxster folk? Why don't they post anything? It's so difficult getting info on Boxsters compared to 944's, Alfa Milanos, or VW Sciroccos (my other cars.). And I know hundreds of people have done this mod but is there a single descriptive thread about it? Nope, there is not.

I've watched them in the past but while I enjoy Newart, I have not found the videos very helpful for my needs.

I want to keep it CA friendly as I really hope to escape TN for good at some point. Can you sense my anger from being in the south for a week? Yup, not my idea of a happy place to live but I have two Porsches to play with and my Alfa Milano is being shipped out so I have enough projects to keep me busy.

I guess the whole point of this thread was whether there were any mods I could do with the engine out that might be beneficial and which people who had been in this position had wished they had done but I guess the answer is no, nothing obvious. Apparently the 996 intake isn't really worth much. And the throttle body enlargement can be done easily with the engine in place and even that isn't clearly beneficial. Oh, well, I'm still miles away from a stock rebuild so I'll be happy just to see this car running again.
And then there's that 6 speed transmission issue.... Argh!
Can't wait til the value of these cars falls into the $1000 range and then maybe I'll be able to afford a crappy Getrag 6 speed transmission!
With all those cars, and so little time to do your own research... why don't you just have your chef find a good mechanic to figure all that **************** out?