View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 03:17 AM   #7
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigkeen View Post
Here is where I am right now:

I'm a 73-year-old man. I am in reasonably good health and come from long-lived ancestors. I expect to be able to operate a sports car for another ten years. The Boxster I buy will be my first and last Porsche. I am trying with all my might to decide what I really want.

I prefer the aesthetics of the 987. What is most important, however, is to locate a Boxster that has all the marks of a car that will last, that will not be frequently in the shop, and will not be a money pit. I know there are no guarantees, but there are worse and better odds. So, I have to decide if I would always wish I had waited for the perfect 987, if I instead went with a 986, even one as nice as 911's.

Add to all of that the fact that I came much closer than I thought I would to buying a Boxster from a well respected Boxster expert (highly recommended by someone on this forum) who told me the story of his car that I late found was flatly and unequivocally contradicted by the CARFAX report I ran on it. When I wrote him to tell him that, he suddenly went silent.

Well... you are a latecomer to the game. Hang around a few years... read posts... get to know the guys and you won't have to rely on a recommendation.

Good luck on your search. Welcome to the forum.