View Single Post
Old 03-28-2023, 11:08 AM   #29
djw8282

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
First:
check make sure your fuel pump relay and your fuel injector relays are good.
Test them or simply replace them.
That way we know for sure they are not the fault..
The little contact points in them can corrode over time.

Then.....
Spray the starting fluid where the tubing detaches at the throttle body.
Open the throttle body butter fly if you can when you spray the fluid.

So you understand why I am having you do this.
Opening the butter fly gives the starting fluid a better chance of getting into the cylinders when you crank it over.
If the engine fires at all using starting fluid that will tell me that you most likely have a fuel delivery issue...thus it will not fire or start under normal conditions.

If it will not fire using starting fluid then the issue is most likely an electrical (spark issue).
So the results from the use of using starting fluid gives us a direction to proceed with your diagnosis of the no start issue.

Post here what you find from this test.... I will try to help you out if I can

Questions....
You say you have an after market high flow intake.
what changes did you make to the stock intake????
What type of air filter are you using????
Is it dry type or is it an oil on the filter type like a K&N????
Any other Mods to the engine???
What year is the car????
Ok. I've done a lot of work on my car but my forte is not electrical stuff. I'm not too sure of the exact location of the fuel pump relay and the injector relay. Where are they and how do you test them?? I've seen some posts on this subject but I'm still unsure. I'm killing myself for not at least starting the car and taking a spin.

I have an early version intake that was made by EVO (I think it was the first aftermarket version made for the Boxster). I actually had it on my Base Boxster back in 99, then installed it on my S. I fabricated the tubing to work with a 997 plenum and 74 mm throttle body; I also enclose the box to prevent heat from engulfing the K&N cone filter (oil) as well as wrapping it in heat-deflecting material. Other modifications are Softronics software, race headers, straight pipes, and a GHL muffler. It does have a fairly new Bosch MAF. I have never had an issue with the K&N giving me issues. The car runs great. The car is a 2002 S

Here is a picture of the intake:

djw8282 is offline   Reply With Quote