View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 09:59 AM   #14
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecp View Post
I appreciate all the input. It does feel different. And it started inching in traffic, it revved way up when I gave it a little gas and then started missing and died. I ordered a used pedal with potentiometer. I’m wondering if it’s still in “limp” mode with the pedal disconnected because it’s getting zero reading and that’s what it defaults to now. I hope I can get it by Thursday. I’m going on a trip and still have the body shop and insurance to deal with. Just want to drop it off and not have to worry about these headaches.
Fingers are crossed that the pedal and a hard reset of everything will correct it.
Just a guess on my part here but.....
With the pedal disconnected the ECU will see conflicting signals from the potentiometer and the throttle position sensor.
they work together..... you probably know this.... but as you press the gas pedal the potentiometer sends a signal to the throttle butterfly to tell it how far to open.
So my guess is if the pedal is disconnected or it has a fault the ECU sees nothing or a signal that does not make sense from potentiometer at the same time it is getting a signal from the throttle position senor. So there is a conflict....ECU's don't like that.

Wish I could be more help but trying to diagnose an issue remotely is very difficult when they are typical issues.
Your problem is far from typical....
Please keep me posted on what you find what the fix is that sort of thing.
You can PM me or just follow up on this thread.
Good luck with it.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote