View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 04:39 AM   #6
tcoradeschi
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaimster View Post
sorry for not describing clearly what I m dealing with :

one of the issue - lost connection to the temperature coolant sensor . ( temperature gauge light flashing )

for some reason or you tube video
I thought it would be underneath the intake , so I started disconnecting / unbolting the intake ran into the NOT been able to just pull that out due to hose running across the bottom of the intake base
turns out all the work was not needed like I said sensor is located underneath the engine - replaced sensor ( just need to fix the plug ) .

original issue - car has HARD START ..hopefully the new coolant sensor would solve that issue and the start can start with issues

I assembled everything back together yesterday was never able to figure out how to pull that driver side intake so I just used old gasket ..

QUESTION REMAINS : procedure to remove the intake in case I ever need to do it . I have service manual from BENTLY however have not been able to find a procedure on that
do you remove the fuel injector rails first ????
If you want to remove the intakes (for whatever reason), start by reading your Bentley more carefully. All the information is in there.

The fact that you didn’t use the manual to locate the temp sensor in the first place is concerning. The fact that you thought that a flashing temp warning light indicates a bad temp sensor is also concerning.*

To be blunt, if you don’t understand the instructions, then maybe the job is over your head, and you need to accept that.

*Flashing temp light indicates low coolant level. You don’t even need the Bentley to learn that, the info is in the owner’s manual.