View Single Post
Old 03-11-2023, 12:24 PM   #44
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis936 View Post
I’ve ran these 4 prong plugs in another car of mine. Not sure but I definitely noticed it ran hotter with them. I don’t care what anybody says it ran hotter. No doubt about it. So changing from a 4 prong plug to a single I believe it can make in run cooler. I don’t know why but I’ve seen it personally and it’s true. If I didn’t see it personally I probably would think much of it myself.
No, it is not. As described earlier in this thread, changing plug heat range or design DOES NOT change the cylinder temperatures. Heat range is only describing the RATE at which heat flows away from the tip of the plug after it fires, and these differences in flow rate are changes at the millisecond level, important to how clean the plug tip stays, but again make no difference in the amount of total combustion chamber heat generated. Plug tip design (single vs. multiple electrodes) is totally irrelevant to combustion chamber temperatures as well, and is only important to the plug's life expectancy (how often it needs to be changed).

If you changed plug type, and then saw lower operating coolant temperatures, you saw a coincidence, not a cause and effect.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-11-2023 at 12:57 PM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote