View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 05:58 PM   #18
piper6909

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
Two things: I saw nothing in his original question that would indicate the car was "sitting all winter", and we have seen cars that have been sitting for very long periods that did have pretty substantial residual pressure in the fuel system. By spec, the car should hold around 55 PSIG pressure for long periods while sitting..

You are correct that pulling the fuse for the injectors should prevent fuel flow, but as we do not know the reasons why the op is even doing this test, the general systems condition of the vehicle, or how technical he or she is; bleeding off the pressure first is simply a guarantee that they will not create other problems while completing whatever they are working on.
Yeah, if they would have said from the onset that the car sat in storage for months, AND the actual reason for not wanting it to start, then things may have gone differently.

I have no beef with you or Blue. I just didn't get the impression that they "only hear what they want to hear." Maybe I had the advantage of seeing all the posts.