View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 08:17 AM   #17
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Being an impartial observer, I don't exactly think that's the case here. SFK was inquiring about the fuse that fed both the ignition AND the fuel injectors. It doesn't necessarily mean he didn't understand or listen to what Blue said about fuel in the cylinders.

Now here's MY take, and please tell me if I'm wrong:
1) The car was sitting all winter, so I seriously doubt there's any significant fuel pressure in the system anyway. Just pulling the fuel pump fuse or relay should suffice.

2) Even if there IS fuel pressure, and here's where SFK's question comes into play, if the fuse that powers the injectors is pulled, then the injectors can't pulse and inject fuel into the cylinders anyway. Correct?
Couple of things:
First:
it's a forum.... a computer screen situation where a reader has to make assumptions.
The first and main assumption I make if a poster comes to a forum to ask about something as simple as a fuse, a relay or the location of such, I assume that they are not very knowledgeable about their car.
Second:
Then if they ask a question like where is the fuel rail????? That just re-enforces my assumption that they have zero mechanical knowledge.
The only other info given is that he wants to crank the engine over without it firing.

So if you want to help that person with the very limited information you have from that poster... what do you tell them????

JFP in PA had the perfect line "think like a doctor do no harm"

The best way to do no harm is to do what JFP suggested completely disable the fuel system.

Last edited by blue62; 03-09-2023 at 08:34 AM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote