View Single Post
Old 03-09-2023, 06:14 AM   #16
JFP in PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by piper6909 View Post
Being an impartial observer, I don't exactly think that's the case here. SFK was inquiring about the fuse that fed both the ignition AND the fuel injectors. It doesn't necessarily mean he didn't understand or listen to what Blue said about fuel in the cylinders.

Now here's MY take, and please tell me if I'm wrong:
1) The car was sitting all winter, so I seriously doubt there's any significant fuel pressure in the system anyway. Just pulling the fuel pump fuse or relay should suffice.

2) Even if there IS fuel pressure, and here's where SFK's question comes into play, if the fuse that powers the injectors is pulled, then the injectors can't pulse and inject fuel into the cylinders anyway. Correct?
Two things: I saw nothing in his original question that would indicate the car was "sitting all winter", and we have seen cars that have been sitting for very long periods that did have pretty substantial residual pressure in the fuel system. By spec, the car should hold around 55 PSIG pressure for long periods while sitting..

You are correct that pulling the fuse for the injectors should prevent fuel flow, but as we do not know the reasons why the op is even doing this test, the general systems condition of the vehicle, or how technical he or she is; bleeding off the pressure first is simply a guarantee that they will not create other problems while completing whatever they are working on.

Last edited by JFP in PA; 03-09-2023 at 06:19 AM.
JFP in PA is offline   Reply With Quote