View Single Post
Old 03-06-2023, 08:17 AM   #79
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radman View Post
Yeah, I had to google how to find fuel trims on the durametric lol!

The 2 precat O2 sensors are brand new, but not Bosch. Basically bought them for troubleshooting purposes. No idea if the others have ever been replaced but the car only has 75k miles so I doubt it.

Yes, the codes are pending.

They are:

P0131
O2 sensor ahead of Cat conv. Cylinder (1-3)

P0137
O2 sensor ahead of Cat conv. Cylinder (1-3) short circuit

P0151
O2 sensor ahead of Cat conv. Cylinder (4-6)

P0157
O2 sensor behind of Cat conv. Cylinder (4-6)

I don't need emissions so in a perfect world I could just get rid of the O2 sensors and the cats.
So first things first
Generic O2sensors are well known for their non compatibility with Porsche systems.
Secondly:
All four codes are pointing to the same thing: This is how it is described in the Bentley Book.
"Short to ground/below lower limit/lean mixture threshold."
So basically three possibilities.....but sense you have used generic brand sensors I would suspect an electrical issue with the sensors......the short to ground.

So first replace the 02sensors with Bosch.....
They developed the first automotive O2sensors so they know what they are doing.
Then go from there as a good starting foundation....

If you eliminate your cats and post O2sensors you will likely always have a check engine light on unless you find a work around..So if you have an OBDII issue you will not know it because the check engine light is already lit.

If you want to learn about "fuel trims" or O2sensor signals and how to read them and how they are related to each other. Go to youtube and look up "ScannerDanner" he is probably one of the best on youtube for teaching automotive sensor diagnostics. And automotive diagnostics in general.
That will allow you use the Durametric to much greater potential.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote