View Single Post
Old 03-04-2023, 11:26 AM   #1
craigkeen

Question Old, Tall, and Gimpy

I first fell in love with the styling of a 586 Porsche my freshman year. I can still remember when I saw one for the first time. It pulled beside me into the left turn lane at a city intersection, glistened in the glow of the street lights, turned and drove out of my life, but not my memory. I'm now an old, retired university professor with a half-century-old desire. I'm as close as I have ever been to buying a Porsche and I think I want a 2003-2004 Boxster S. Here are my issues, and I'd be grateful for any wisdom from y'all: I am 6'3" and weigh about 200 lbs. I have some mobility issues from a gimpy left leg. The problem isn't severe, but I do have some foot drop and I do walk with a cane. I have lower back issues (which are the cause of my gimpyness), not so much pain, but stiffness and discomfort, especially after a long drive. Will I fit well behind the wheel? Will my legs be much constrained? Will the seat support my back? Will my hair rub on the headliner? Will those (and any other issues) keep me from the joy I hope driving that car will bring me?
craigkeen is offline   Reply With Quote