View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #4
JZeke

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Others can reply about the engagement issue, but don't waste your time or resources changing the trans fluid. That horse is way out of the barn for a flush to make a difference.

I had an issue with my 08 CSS downshifting from 3 to 2. It would grind. While I had the engine out to repair bore scoring, I sent my trans to a shop in AZ to get the 2nd gear synchro replaced. It was shot. As he dug further into the trans, he found a tooth on the pinion gear was chipped and then he found the 3rd & 4th gear synchros were past their prime. I ended up buying a reman trans. Hope you have better luck with your repair.

Trans guy told me to replace the trans fluid every 10K mi. I do 2-3 DEs / yr. 10K mi might be a bit of overkill, I'm going to do 15K but that's way earlier than the 50K it had before I changed it the 1st time.
This is good to know, I will plan on trans changes regularly. I assume using the Porsche Shell OEM stuff? I've read that Redline and other brands don't play well with the OEM parts.