View Single Post
Old 02-10-2023, 03:48 AM   #4
KevinH1990

What are your long-term goals? If you are planning to attend college away from home, you will need to find a mechanic who can work on the car at your school and budget money to pay for the work. Working on a Porsche yourself in a dorm or apartment complex parking lot will be challenging. I suggest that you also obtain an estimate for car insurance. Young males usually experience higher rates. A Porsche may cause that cost to go even higher.

I think I understand your motivation. I wanted to buy a 1959 Porsche Convertible D when I was 18. If I recall correctly, the price was around $1800. My Dad suggested to me that it would interfere with college and career development. At the time, my assessment of the trade-offs was that I wanted to buy the car. In retrospect, that would have been a poor decision for me.
Painted Bumperettes, 2004 (OEM) Top, Homelink integrated in dash with Targa switch, 997 Shifter, Carrera Gauge Cluster with silver gauge faces, heated 12-way driver & 8-way passenger seats, Litronics, silver console
KevinH1990 is offline   Reply With Quote