View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 04:22 PM   #20
PaulE

Wow, so glad you caught it, sounds like you are on your way!
Quote:
Originally Posted by husker boxster View Post
Thanks Paul.

My event was Dec 18, so I haven't made a full recovery yet but I'm on my way to one. I'm not a DR and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn, but I was told I had a 100% blockage in a right side artery. They cont with what little damage done to the heart will heal in time. That seems a bit diametrically opposed, but they're the experts. The best thing I did was not ignore the signs - a severe clutching feeling in my chest, numbness in my left fingers, and a slight clammy feeling. It wasn't going to go away and would have been deadly had I ignored it.

I'm doing rehab 3X a wk and still have 7 wks left. So far no issues. Just like the athlete who suffers a knee injury, I need to get my confidence back that I won't cross the line of doing too much. And there will be some diet changes, although I wasn't a horrible eater. Hardly drink alcohol and always been a non-smoker. I'm hoping to attack my high blood pressure and bad cholesterol with lower weight. I was getting a bit chonky (5'10", 197#), so after Thanksgiving I started doing the Apple Cider Vinegar tablespoon in my OJ. I'm now down to 182. It doesn't taste the greatest, but it's working and hasn't been too tough to do.

The Docs told me to take it easy for 4 wks. I wasn't supposed to even lift a gal of milk. They didn't want me to tear up the cut in my right wrist where they went in with the stent. That 4 wk ban was over last wk, so now I can do a few light things. It's defn fun to be back in the garage doing things. There are plenty of light work items to accomplish on the shark, so I should have no problem filling my time.
Former: 2003 S, 3.6 LN Nickies, ARP rod bolts, under-drive pulley, Fabspeed sport headers, Softronic tune, 987 airbox 987 motor mount, Function-First Sport motor mount insert, Ben's short shifter, Nine8Six projector headlights & center caps, ROW M030, stainless flexible brake lines, B-K rollbar extension & fire extinguisher mount, hardtop
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote