View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 03:34 PM   #2
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by elav View Post
Hello, I have a '98 manual Boxster and last weekend I was working on replacing the front speakers and adding a Bluetooth module to the HU. I started and ran the car several times during the day but when I was done installing the HU and speakers and tried to start the car, the car wouldn't turn over. I did the following...
  • Checked the relevant fuses
  • Jumped the clutch safety switch
  • Jumped the starter relay in the rear trunk

In the end, I tested the battery and it was lower than 12V, so I pulled the battery and put it on the charger. I just reinstalled the battery and the car still won't turnover. I can hear the fuel pump turn on. I hooked up Durametrics and it had a number of codes associated with the battery being disconnected. I cleared those codes and the only code that remains is P1602: Supply voltage. Open circuit.

My battery is only 2 years old - so I would be surprised if it is a bad battery. I did a search in this forum but didn't come up with anything useful. Any recommendations on how to debug? I have had this Boxster for a couple of years now and it has been super reliable once I replaced the ignition switch and fixed the micro switches and door latches.

I guess I should add that I had the HU disconnected and the front trunk amp disconnected while working on the stereo - I really doubt that is my issue with the car not starting but figured I should mention this - as I know the HU is connected to the alarm system I believe.
Pretty obvious that the not turning over is linked to your work on the speakers .... HU.
If you have an "open circuit" code then you most likely have a wire disconnected or the battery is disconnected.
Go back in and triple check your work. the problem is in there.
Also check your battery connections....connection of the negative cable at the body.....and the positive connection in the little box by your power steering filler neck.
Clear the P1602 code and see if it returns.

Last edited by blue62; 01-14-2023 at 03:53 PM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote