View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 07:59 AM   #9
ecp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeoboxter View Post
Different filters may have different resistance for the oil flow, depending on the pore size. Normally this should not make any difference to a properly functioning engine. Probably you have a leak somewhere in the system. This can be a lot of things, like a broken o-ring at the pick up tube, damaged oil pump rotors or something at the relief valve, etc. I would think the oil pump can`t keep up with the increased resistance given by the better filter. With the engine warming up it gets easier for the pump to push the oil through the filter material, hence the oil lamp flickering stops. I would drop the sump and start inspecting things around there.
I looked, seems like I have some oil coming from where the pump slides into the block, where the hex drive is. I have a feeling there’s a problem that’s just being highlighted by the more resistance from the oil filter. The sump has definitely been dropped before. Going to change the filter and try cranking it with the ignition relay pulled and then see what happens when it fires up. If it’s fine after the cranking then I’m going to lean towards a worn pump not building pressure fast enough
ecp is offline   Reply With Quote