View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 01:23 PM   #44
Homeoboxter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
Not kidding about the rain and it seems that we have a lot more on the way (thankfully as we had been on a draught for many, many years)..

Regarding the battery (or power source), I saw in Costco a small (rechargeable) battery pack that claims to be able to jump start a car a few times it looks very portable (size of a book) and I am very tempted to buy one to take on my junkyard trips as many times you cannot determine the mileage of a car or to check if an electric component works or not before removing it, someone here may have one and hopefully share their comments.
Once I needed to pull a power seat from a car at a Pick ur Part and I asked them if I can bring the battery from my car to power the seat so I can move it to get access to the bolts. They said that`s not allowed bc it`s a fire hazard I think you can smuggle a small battery in though, or you can assemble a battery pack using 8 AA batteries for instance. Or connect wires to your power tool and use its battery as a power source.
Homeoboxter is offline   Reply With Quote