View Single Post
Old 01-02-2023, 01:12 PM   #40
nuvolari

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
Thanks for the offer. If it doesn't work out or they want crazy money no problem I think I have alternate sources. The pictures of the unbroken connectors are from another engine I have.
Connector 1 on right side of the engine, exits the wiring harness between 2nd and 3rd legs of the intake manifold and goes to the secondary air pump (or the engine fan)

Connector 2 on right side of the engine, exits the wiring harness between near the first leg of the intake manifold and goes to the engine fan (or the secondary air pump)

Connector 3 on left side of the engine, goes between the wires and the bracket on the valve cover. There is also one on the right side of the engine which might be easier if your are already in there for the other connectors.

Thanks in advance.
Ok, it might take a few days as it's been raining here a lot. Your explanation of parts needed is very good except I'm not sure what Connector 3 connects? You say from the harness to the "bracket on the cylinder head" but I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Is it for the cam position sensor?

And ha on the connectors 1 and 2 as those are the same ones I ripped off when lowering my engine. But don't worry as I've already located some for my car. Hell, I might just start grabbing these on every junkyard car from now on since they are easy to forget.

Also, I posted a thread awhile ago in Rennlist forum about getting into the engine bay from the top when I find a car in the junkyard and you posted about getting the car into service mode manually. Did you mean with no battery power at all? Someone else posted how to jump the relay but I would still need some kind of power. I wonder what cheap and easy to carry battery might be available for this purpose. Maybe a rechrargeable power tool battery? Does anyone know? If so, please DM me or post in this Rennlist thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/boxster-and-boxster-s-986-forum/1281523-boxster-at-pick-a-part-how-do-i-put-it-in-service-mode-with-no-battery.html
87 Alfa Romeo Milano
77 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan
nuvolari is offline   Reply With Quote