View Single Post
Old 01-01-2023, 11:40 AM   #38
nuvolari

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgyqc View Post
Got back to work on the replacement engine. The new chain tensioner pads are installed in bank 1 and the oil filler tube is on the engine (the original was broken off when I got the engine)... installing it with the intake manifold in place was a challenge, I had to take the AOS to get working room. The AOS should be replaced anyway.
Got the cams off bank 2 and found this on the cam cover...

Was this to prevent oil leaking with old o-rings, I wonder. I had to beat the tubes out with my rubber hammer... but oil had been leaking despite this.

And... sealant overflow, that channel is supposed to be open or there can be oil return problems according to Jake Raby. This is the sealant that I found in the oil pickup screen.

I found another missing electrical connector, for an O2 sensor if I remember correctly. This time the wire was cut, not ripped out. I have been able to figure out what the connectors are, which is not evident given that they are not in the parts Katalog. The local Porsche parts department couldn't help beyonds saying that they are VW parts. I have ordered replacements for 2 of them. The third one is a Mercedes part number so I will have to visit the dealer... or see if I can find one at a scrap yard.
So I'm going to check out a 2003 at the local pick a part. If you can let me know exactly which connectors you need, I'd be happy to snip them off the car provided I can get to them. Just send me a list with what they are and maybe pics and where they are located and/or part numbers. I'll send them to you for whatever they charge me and shipping. Just be aware I will cut the wires with a few inches of wire unless there is a way to get it without cutting which there usually isn't so you will have to splice them into your harness.
Let me know ASAP.
87 Alfa Romeo Milano
77 Alfa Romeo Alfetta Sedan
nuvolari is offline   Reply With Quote