View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 11:21 AM   #21
seventythree

Hello everyone,
Since this thread has been resurrected already, I'll chime in with my EVAP issue:

On my 2002 Boxster base, I am now consistently getting a po442 code which apparently is indicative of a minor leak in the EVAP system.

During a prior troubleshooting attempt around 2 years ago I vacuum checked all air connections on or around the charcoal canister.
I also vacuum tested the purge valve under the intake manifold.

This time around, due to no clear description of the Operating Purge Valve (at the filler neck) functionality and/or availability of a proper diagnostic procedure for it, I ordered a new one from my local Porsche dealer.

Now that I have removed the old one and am comparing it to the brand new unit on the bench, they appear to function exactly the same. If interested, I can provide a better description of how that vent valve operates mechanically so others might be able to fill in the blanks as far as how that functionality integrates into the overall EVAP management on the 986 Boxster.

In the meantime, I would appreciate any and all help I can get in resolving the po442 issue so I don't have to contend with it every couple of years.

TIA
seventythree is offline   Reply With Quote