View Single Post
Old 11-30-2022, 09:00 AM   #15
husker boxster

It's been a while since I've provided an update on the new shark. Mostly because I've been letting my credit card cool down. Now that it's had time to chill, I've started buying maint parts.

Here's $400 worth of spark plugs and wires from Pelican.

Last wk I visited my sister in suburban Dallas for Thanksgiving. While there, I stopped by a 928 vendor in the metroplex (928sRus). I bought several items from them for The Mistress, so I thought it would be fun to visit them in person. $1600 later I should have most of the parts I need to make the new shark road worthy without fear of starting on fire or the engine becoming a boat anchor.

Power steering hoses on the left, fuel lines on the right. There was 1 fuel hose that was sold out but will be shipped when the next batch arrives.

Next up is the important items for a timing belt / water pump change. Depending on how much I need to let my cc cool down again, it might be next mo or Jan before I do the TB / WP (I'll need to hire someone to do the work). It requires a lot of items to be removed before you can get to them. And while I have things torn apart for the TB, it's the perfect time to get to the power steering lines. There will probably an addl purchase of radiator hoses and alternator / power steering / AC belts too. The spark plug wires will also go on when doing the TB since you have to move them out of the way to get to the TB.

And finally a few trim pieces. The hood release pull works but the pieces of plastic that hold it are broken. And there's a trim piece around the driver's rear window that's missing. Probably got pulled off when going thru a car wash.

Like I mentioned, hopefully this gets the maint up to snuff. A little polish and she'll be ready for spring.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 11-30-2022 at 09:03 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote