View Single Post
Old 11-10-2022, 03:24 PM   #21
elgyqc

Garage
I have accumulated over 100 KM on short trips around town and the engine is running better as the ECU gets used to it.
I had a high idle and it was giving the check engine code P0507 (high idle, duh) which would indicate a vacuum leak. I took the engine cover off and fiddled around... and found the brake booster hose was not properly pushed on. With that done the idle was fine.
Other minor problems, now corrected, a leaking coolant hose on the front of the engine (not properly installed or clamp not tight enough) and a small oil leak from the chain adjuster (tensioner) just under the A/C compressor.
I am starting to enjoy driving the car, at first I had the engine covers off so I could check the engine and hear any problems... the disadvantage with that is that you hear all sorts of things that are likely normal... that you don't hear with the covers and insulation in place, which encourages you to imagine all sorts of terrible things. With the covers on it sounds down right normal.
Now I have to get to work on the 3.2l engine I bought so that it will be ready to go into the car in the spring.
1987 924S 5-speed (Sold) - Blue 2000 Boxster 5 spd (Sold)
elgyqc is offline   Reply With Quote