View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 09:44 AM   #9
chiefsalami

The problem (and it might be the case with this item) is that oftentimes you have newly registered bidders that are on there solely to frustrate and try to screw the sellers. Ebay charges sellers a fee based on a percentage of the final value, and if someone with 0 or small feedback comes in with a massive bid and wins the item, the seller gets stuck with a big bill and nobody to actually pay for the item. Of course, the seller can file a dispute and have the fees refunded, but the process takes about 10 days, you then have to relist your item, and you may have lost that real buyer who moved on to an item that they did win. I've had all this happen to me on multiple occasions. My question is why people even waste time doing this crap - what do they get out of annyoning someone else?

I would have an ebay rule that bidders with feedback under, say 10, would not be able to bid in the last hour of an auction. Kind of an incentive for the sellers because they won't have to deal with this crap, and the bidders would need to "prove themselves" as responsible buyers on ebay.
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote