View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 04:47 PM   #2
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemandude View Post
Have had this problem happen intermittently and have gotten zero help nor seen anything similar before.
Have had the same 3 codes for the last year or so (MAF sensor, O2 sensors, catalyst heaters.)

The car will start fine in the morning, drive to work, no issues whatsoever. Starts fine leaving for lunch then starts fine on my way out after work. It’s inconsistent so hard to replicate but at this point, after driving for the 3rd or 4th time In the day I’ll go out to start the car, it’ll crank, turn over, rise up to around 1.2k rpm, then in one smooth motion drop back down and die.

No new codes, no abnormal data, have tried disconnecting the battery for a bit, clearing codes, pedal down, in gear… I’m completely out of ideas, I’ve got an Ethos scan tool, not sure if there’s a way to reset the ecm or do anything else.

There is literally not a single thing out of place that would implicate this problem and I’m about to just scrap the car
When you say you get a MAF sensor code or an O2 sensor code that really doesn't tell us much.
There are multiple possible codes for any one sensor each code specifies a different issue.
As for catalyst heaters????? no such thing present on these cars.

So if you are still getting codes what are they????
How many miles on it?
What work has been done on the car in say the last six months?
Automatic or manual transmission?
How often do you drive it??
Are there any modifications to it???? like non stock air filter? non stock intake? non stock exhaust??

When the issue happens you say it starts.... RPM rises to around 1.2K then it falls off and dies.
Are you giving it gas at this time?? or is the rise in RPM to around 1.2K all on it's own?

Last edited by blue62; 10-19-2022 at 05:57 PM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote