View Single Post
Old 09-06-2022, 11:23 AM   #17
Robert986

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
Not really an issue for AX events because you don't have sustained hi G corners leading to a deep braking zone. Tracks like AAA Speedway Fontana were famous for taking out 986/996 motors due to the banked Roval followed by turn 3 which was a 90* Left. A perfect storm although I ran about 1000 laps there in my 986 without a starvation issue. There are mitigating techniques.

As to the OP, camber plates and Ohlins RT coilovers are probably the best bang for the buck to control ride height, camber, maximize contact patch and tire wear. I agree that Falken Azenis 660 or RE71RS are probably the top choice for a great street/AX tire. With these mods I suspect you will be super happy with the car. If you are in greater LA and need an experienced tech to get you sorted, I know a guy.

FWIW I have GT3 Arms and Ohlins RT suspension on my car and it is tits. I recently relocated to the PNW and ran my 1st AX with the local PCA for fun. As I lined up for tech I surveyed a field of GT3s, GT4s, Turbos, Turbo S and figured I brought a knife to a gunfight with my lil 2.9L Cayman on Super Sports.

As it turned out, we got quite a bit of rain and even a bit of snow in the AM. This was a great HP equalizer and my tires were decent for conditions. In the end I managed 1st in class, 1st on corrected time, and 1st overall with TTOD Sunday. Sometimes you just get lucky but the right tires and suspension helped a lot.

I can verify that's a good combo, I also have the GT3-LCA/Öhlins R/T set on 5-7, all solid bushings. CUP2 tires. Sorry for maybe deviating in the thread but may I ask what anti roll bars you run & what settings on the Öhlins? I run factory anti roll bars (986s)
Robert986 is offline   Reply With Quote