View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edevlin
So, I was minding my own business when I went to the college post office to drop off a CD player I just sold to fellow in NY. I have been selling some of my stereo gear to support the mods I have been doing to my 2000 Boxster. At the post office I saw that they had a large box waiting for me with my Dansk muffler I had just ordered from one of our sponsors in it.

Now, I could have waited until tomorrow to arrange to use the family car, but I figured it was 47 degrees out, that should be fine if I carefully took the top down, I could then put the large box in the front seat. I was wrong, I just started to take the top down and got out to carefully do the "carefully fold the plastic window thing" when crack, the 6-year old plastic window presented me with a nice crack right in the middle of the window. I was quite suprised as it did not seem that cold out.

I have always been very nice to the plastic rear window, keeping it polished, carefully taking the top down. Also the rest of the top is in very good shape, I was hoping to go years without thinking about a replacement. Oh well, it is a nice shinny muffler......

Ed

Sorry to hear about the window crack. I've put my top down a couple of times before even in the 30s, and no crack. I never chop the rear window, unless I see that the window is folding badly (which doesn't happen often because after the window folds down a certain way, it usually remembers how to fold the next time you put the window down). I think chopping can actually put more stress on the window and end up cracking it when it would've have if you had just let it go down on it's own.

Good thing is you can now have the choice of putting in a glass window (gahh.com) if you want, and never have to deal with the chop or worrying about putting window down in cold weather anymore.

Hope you enjoy the dansk exhaust.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote