View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 03:53 PM   #21
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986 Boxster View Post
I get what your saying, and I agree, but wouldn`t it be nice not to worry about the car understeering in the first place?
I prefer a car that oversteers than a car that understeers.
Completely agreed!

For my 97 with mighty 2.5, I feel 255 rears are overkill… but if you are to take full advantage of their grip, 225 is the way to go.

I went from 205/ 255 to a bit unconventional 215/ 245 combo. I was okey to trade off some rear grip for weight reduction to help get up and go. I went from Michelin all season to PS4S summer tires (that don’t come in 255/40/17 anyway), so I’m sure I actually gained more grip as long as it’s not too cold… and a bit wider front gives me sharper turn-in and my tail has not come around me through corners.

Together with base M030 rear sway bar (thickest from factory for 986), I love how my car rotates keeping my right foot on gas pedal, not off to mitigate understeering.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote