View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 05:53 PM   #3
Jokyjoky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
water damage canonly get worse. not sure how clogged drains though would have got the radio or wiring wet. Kind of sounds like it got flooded or more then just drains clogged.

If someone offers you $18k for a 100k mile car with water damage...jump on it and get rid of it.

Also, might want to ask on Rennlist as this is really a forum for the 986 which is older then your 13

Response: Thanks for the input. I did sell the car today. Just FYI: Not sure if this classifies as "flooded," but the drain port on the passenger side was clogged with debris from outside (leaves, pollen, etc.). It eventually broke down and turned into mulch or whatever and clogged the drain. Sort of like what happens if you don't clear that crap out of your engine hood near the windshield. In any event, it did puddle up on the floor board behind the passenger seat. The tech who did the repair said the wiring on the roof was rusted and required soldering. I had intentions of fixing it myself, but waited too long before I attempted it. The roof stopped working and then I just put a cover on it b/c I was irritated by a simple procedure that I could have gotten fixed for $200 while it was at the dealership. But me and my big ideas and all that. In any event, I sold it and stopped by the dealership on the way home. I miss it already. LOL.

Thanks for the input and sorry about posting in the wrong forum.
Jokyjoky is offline   Reply With Quote