View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 09:10 AM   #1
Jokyjoky

Smile Trying to decide if I should sell

I have a 2013 Boxster, base model. Recently had to get the drop top repaired. Drains got clogged, rusted some of the wires and it stopped working. Had water in the car at some point. In any event, here's the delimma: I love the car, but am worried about ongoing maintenance issues. I bought it in 2015 for 35k. Carmax is offering 18.5k as is today. I've put 55k miles on it in that time, so the ODO reads 110k-ish. Car is paid off, but I thought the original price was a bargain at the time. Getting about 50% of original purchase price back seems like a good deal...buuuuut. I don't want to get out of the Porsche family. I could just buy another, but pricing right now and all that makes it less optimal. I'm looking to see if anyone has any input or thoughts about the best direction to go. I am not asking you to make a decision for me, but maybe talk me off the ledge. Am I missing anything I should consider? I am not hurting for money or anything like that. Regular maintenance is generally just consistent with doing the normal mileage stuff. I do need to spend about another $1500 to replace the head unit as the water damage destroyed the amp or wiring or whatever. Not sure. In any event, I'd be interested in hearing any thoughts one way or the other. Maybe even suggestions for something else to purchase. Thanks.
Jokyjoky is offline   Reply With Quote