View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 03:14 PM   #25
DreamSign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986andmx5 View Post
I have Koni Sport (adjustable yellows) on my NA Miata and Koni Special Actives (red) on my '99 986. The Miata is set up for autox and the yellows do that job well. On the street (especially over broken pavement) I prefer the job the red Special Actives do in my 986. And at speed taking corners on smooth pavement, it would be hard to notice much difference between the two.

There was a very detailed article published by TireRack years ago when the Special Actives went by the name of FSD (Frequency Selective Dampening), before they were updated: https://www.tirerack.com/suspension/tests/koni_fsd.jsp
Thank you for this link.
The quote that stands out is " When driving over expansion joints and smaller bumps the intrusion was distant enough to be largely forgotten"

That is what I am looking for.

I'm hoping to swap to the 17" wheels in a week or so with Indy 500 tires (the setup on my 98 986 tiptronic going to my preferred 5 speed 99 986.

The 98 986 tiptronic was gifted to me and was a complete surprise, but I prefer the 5 speed. So I'll likely sell the 98 tiptronic with the arguably more desirable 18" wheels
DreamSign is offline   Reply With Quote