View Single Post
Old 11-07-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
chiefsalami

Question on 911 price

I hope this type of question is allowed here, but I'm considering going from my 2002 Boxster S to a 1996 911 4S. I've always loved the 993 Carreras, and having an AWD one would be great, especially having been spoiled a bit by my supercharged R32 and the stability of the Box. There is one in my area that has been on sale for a while, and had multiple unsuccessful listings, and I'm wondering what is a fair price for the car. They are asking $55k, and according to edmunds and kbb it should be around $40k. For you guys in the know, please give me some insight. Obviously, I know this is one of the rarest and sought-after air-cooled 911s, but what should I offer to pay for it? Here is a link to the most recent auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=007&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=170046223253&rd=1,1 . There have been no bids in the previous auctions for $40k or more - I think the highest I've seen was $38k.

I would then need to sell my 2002 S (red, black, black) which is kind of tough in the NW because of the color and weather.
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote