View Single Post
Old 07-10-2022, 08:49 PM   #1
Belgirb

Diagnosing suspension needs

Though searching, I cannot find a post nor a YouTube that walks me through diagnosing my current suspension. I know about pressing down on the body to observe for “bounce,” as well as lifting tires off the ground, placing hands at 9 and 3, then 12 and 6 - pulling and pushing to check for play. Most posts I’ve read assume suspension needs to be refreshed based on mileage. So, in shopping, I find the Pelican kit at about $3300, and if one pieces it out and buys Meyle, the price drops to about $1900. But, then I go down rabbit trails of opinions on Chinese parts that have nice fit and finish, but last about half of OEM. Further posts suggest buying TRW, but then I can find some of the more expensive parts online - such as the rear lower control arm ($440each in Pelican kit, Porsche, vs $198 Merle - but can’tt find TRW). Anyway, I start to wonder, “Do all the parts REALLY need to be replaced? How do I diagnose?”

If anyone can steer me to a post or video that walks a person through the process, I would be grateful. Thanks.
Belgirb is offline   Reply With Quote