Thread: Spark plugs
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 07:17 PM   #12
Frodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
Doesnt really matter though if you checked the gap or not, you didn't get the right plugs. I would pull them and put in the proper plugs that are NOT iridium. You will end up with misfires at some point so just expect it.

As far as checking gap...Always check on 1 prong plugs. 4 prong are harder without the proper tool but should be checked just as a piece of mind.

Virtually all plugs come with the paper around the plug even cheap ones. It's to protect the plug not necessarily the gap.
Okay, the guy behind the counter looks it up. These plugs are made to be used in the 2001 Boxster S car that I drive (and presumably other vehicles out there as well). Other NGKs are specified for use in this car as well, per Pelican Parts. Iridiums are quality plugs. Pray tell, WHY would these be the wrong plugs?

Is NGK some fly-by-night company producing inferior products they haphazardly tout will work in certain specified vehicles, knowing that in fact they actually WON'T work in those vehicles (or at least recklessly not caring one way or the other)?
I'm no expert in this area, but I sure wouldn't think so. From what I've read and gathered they seem pretty reputable.

That makes zero sense to me. What's the basis for your statement? Have you personally actually installed these plugs into a 2001 986S and tried them out??
Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote