View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #57
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stl-986 View Post
I would go back to the shop and tell them to fix it
I considered that. However, I've lost confidence in them.

Before bringing them the car I removed the rear spolier... so easier they could access the three top screws for the bumper cover. (Plus, I just wanted to mitigate them ****************ing anything up... in spite of their Yelp reviews.)

I removed the two rear difusers... so easier they could remove the bumper cover.

I removed the driver's side intake vent... leaqving pressed against the hole the wire mesh/gutter guard cutout... so they wouldn't drop the vent (it's gloss black). When I picked up the car... it was gone,. "Wasn't there when you dropped it off". **************** me. It was. I left it in specifically.

When I picked it up, the first time... Monday... there were a couple of obvious patches of 'something' on the rear decklid. "That was there when you brought it i9n, I have pictures". **************** your pictures, I know my car.

They replaced the tail light. Monday, when they were backing it up... no reverse lights either side. When I picked it up yesterday one of the guys told me it was a bulb. ****************ers. One bulb isn't taking out both sides.

They left compound that, likely, was on their hands, on the inside of the car. I vacummed. No biggy, but ****************ing details.

The trunk. Compound bits and pieces. They didn't put the fabric flap back on the light housing.

That irregular gap. Details.

I emailed my agent... he's going to talk to the insurance company. I'll insist, and be persistent, that the car go back to the shop. NOT THE SAME SHOP. Further, I'm going to take it to a Porsche recommended shop.

I don't expect the car to emerge perfect. The paint is 25 years old. It's got a couple of dings... some light swirls here and there. However, I want to look at my car the same way I did before the **************************** backed into me.

Rant over. Thank you.