View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 07:52 AM   #55
Starter986
1998 Boxster Silver/Red

Picked up the car yesterday. Driving into the lot I noticed a slight gap where the point of the rear bumper cover meets with the QP. Not happy. Shop noted upon the receipt that I would return to have that repaired. Bumper cover off... shouldn't take a few minutes.

This morning when I washed the car I noticed a paint anomaly under the driver side mirror. Missed by a neophyte, not me.

Car was returned to me unwashed, and with compound (white) spots all over. It washed off but, when I lifted the clamshell to remove the white from the edges... there's about 1 foot of overspray on the rubber seal. Wasn't coming off with a fingernail and, at that point, I was getting frustrated. I want a new seal.

Decided to stop, and will give the car a full detail tomorrow morning... noting all the anomalies... presenting it to my insurance agent/broker. I'm wanting the car properly repaired and delivered in the same condition it was delivered... minus the damage.

Anyone have any recommendations on how I should navigate this process? It's been a while for me. I mean... I know what I'm going to do... but any advice greatly would be appreciated. Thank you.