View Single Post
Old 05-23-2022, 02:24 PM   #50
blue62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter986 View Post
Appraiser comes out tomorrow to give the car an inspection and quote, then I'll run over to the body shop and schedule the work.

The body shop guy said if it can't be pulled/pushed/whatever then it may require a replacement panel. They're also going to shoot the corner of the bumper cover, blend, and shoot a coat of clear on the entire bumper.

I, too, am looking forward to seeing how it comes out. As I am color blind I'll bring my wife or someone else so they can assess if the blending is kosher, if you know what I mean.

Cheers!
Access to the damage from behind is always a controlling factor.
If you can't gain access to the backside then replacement is the way to go.
Other wise they will pull the lows and knock down the highs and level and shape with bondo and paint it.

If they have free access to the panel from front and rear then it is no problem.
But I think that is a double walled panel that is why I suggested a good PDR tech. in an earlier post. Many times a PDR tech. can work his magic with limited access.
You don't always have to go for a paintless repair with PDR that gives the PDR tech. more latitude to do his job. They can do it faster and better if your willing to have the repair repainted.
But looking forward to hearing what you experience is and seeing a good repair on your car.

Last edited by blue62; 05-24-2022 at 06:06 AM.
blue62 is offline   Reply With Quote